Saturday, November 19, 2011

Open studio and "holy crap how have I not put my Chanuchristmakus stuff up yet?"

Yes.  You read that right.  As a half Jew/half Catholic hot mess, I have made my OWN damn holiday season.  Chanuchristmakus.  Eat your heart out, Hallmark.
Fun fact: Daniel Radcliffe is screwed the exact. same. way.  He should probably do this holiday with me. Just saying. It's celebrated by reading a bunch of books, drinking butter beer and making a ton of cookies and pie and other stuff.  Presents are optional.

Anyway, my dad and I will be opening our studio to the public during the first weekend of December, which means that I need to get my rear in gear, and make a bunch of stuff, as well as displays.  In order to do this effectively, I need to put my reading list aside and actually write my last two papers and, you know, sculpt and glue things and what not.  Problem is, is that I really want to read the Woman in Black, now that I've finished the Hunger Game trilogy (which was fan-fuggin-tastic). I'm also really distracted in designing my literary half sleeve that I plan on getting after my wedding.

Speaking of:
Got the lollipops.  They are more than I ever could have hoped, oh my goodness, they are soooo delicious. Thank you, Vintage Confections!  Our flavours were Caramel Apple, Candy Corn, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Champagne, and Apple Cinnamon.  There was also Salted Caramel, but I inhaled it. Got to their etsy site at : http://vintageconfections.etsy.com for some seriously amazing treats! 


Since the gingerbread houses of intense rage, I've been fiddling around with making latkahs and tiny apple sauces.  Hopefully the jars I ordered will come soon so I can finish those up in time for the weekend.  I'm also working on a bunch of christmas tinies, such as figgy puddings, fruit cakes (ew), and other treats.  I had made some really cute gingerbread men, but apparently they really pissed off my velociraptor parrot, because she bit the head off one.
Jerk.
Anyway, hopefully there will be another post either today, or tomorrow with some uploads of all of my pretty new things that I made!

PS: you're not allowed to enter (since I wanna win) but here's Snowfern's giveaway!

http://snowfern-clover.blogspot.com/2011/11/christmas-giveaway-and-sale.html



No comments:

Post a Comment